Fruity Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the eggs, milk and butter; add to the dry ingredients. Stir in the apple, peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Fruity Baked Oatmeal(29)
Sort By :
This is delicious! I made the recipe as is except for adding a little larger quantity of fruit, I didn't measure it just guesstimated. I will certainly be making this again and my husband is going to love it soaked in milk!
This has become such a favorite in our house!
I just go ahead and chop up a whole apple, usually a granny smith, add a whole can of peaches with the juice to give it a good sweet flavor, and add in any kind of berries, but blueberries are a favorite, and I usually put more than 1/3 cup in.
I fixed this delicious oatmeal this morning and declare it a hands down winner. I followed the recipe exactly and it was absolutely delicious. We will have this again and again. Here is a link to my review and photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/887463/7670855.aspx#7670855
On more thing, if you have fruit juice, like peach or berry juice that came out after opening a can or microwaving, add a little to the recipe to soak into the whole cake, giving so much more flavor!
Quick-Oats are not needed btw, as Rolled-Oats work perfectly if you soak them in the milk first hand, adding the wet ingredients to the oats before adding the rest of the dry ingredients.
By the time you've added all the ingredients the 30-45 mins added in the oven will cook the oats perfectly!
Thanks again for this amazing breakfast ;)