- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine eggs, milk and butter; add to the dry ingredients. Stir in apple, peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Fruity Baked Oatmeal
Sort By :
"Omg this was sooooo good and delicious and yummy and filling!! We just finished eating one helping with no room for seconds. I followed instructions exactly, except I used canned peaches and about 2 tablespoons of the juice to the wet ingredients, along with a tablespoon of vanilla. When it was done,I poured a bit of milk over my piece. Can't wait to make again with other fruits. Except apple, gotta have an apple!"
"I would love to make this and I am but I had a question for ya'll....is it possible to prepare the night before, refrigerate then cook the very next morning? Will it still taste okay? Will it effect the end results if it sits overnight? (ie: texture, taste, etc.)Thank you!!"
"Oatmeal never tasted so good. I will make this often."
"This simply baked oatmeal is perfect to take to someone after a hospital visit or a new baby. Great as a nutritious breakfast or served topped with ice cream. Can be prepared ahead a time and reheated in individual sizes. Have used frozen blue berries, raspberries and strawberries. All very good."
"This is delicious! I made the recipe as is except for adding a little larger quantity of fruit, I didn't measure it just guesstimated. I will certainly be making this again and my husband is going to love it soaked in milk!"