Baked Blueberry & Peach Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg whites, egg, milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in peaches and blueberries.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional milk if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without additional milk): 277 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Jun 2, 2018
Baked oatmeal is such a fabulous change of pace on a wintery morning.
Jan 23, 2017
I enjoy oatmeal and baked oatmeal is a nice change of pace. Love blueberries and peaches and this dish has both. Will make again.
Jan 14, 2017
This was good, but my family didn't like it well enough for me to make it again.
Dec 22, 2016
I cut the recipe in half and poured the mixture into 4 ramekins so I could take them to work. I substituted pears for the peaches. Delicious. Thank you, Rosemarie, for sharing this recipe.
Aug 4, 2016
This was excellent. I did, however, make some changes. I used fresh peaches, not canned, and almond milk. I also used 1/2 cup of applesauce to replace the oil, and a very generous sprinkling of cinnamon. Both my husband and I thought it was delicious, and plan to make it next time we have overnight guests.
Dec 19, 2015
I would make this again in a heartbeat!
Jun 18, 2015
Great breakfast. Tried it with raisins.
Jan 18, 2015
I have made this three times for guests that are visiting. It is very simple to make. I used a cup of mixed berries with the peach the last time I made it and it was very well received. I also added some 'baking spice' from Penzey's spices which was a mixture of cinnamon, cardamon and cloves. The worst part of this recipe is waiting the 30 minutes for it to bake!
Feb 17, 2014
Sep 2, 2013
We just tried this for the first time - it was easy to make and delicious! I followed the recipe, except I added cinnamon. I can't wait to try it again and vary the fruit (maybe apples & raisins).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.