- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine eggs, milk and butter; add to the dry ingredients. Stir in apple, peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forFruity Baked Oatmeal
"Very good. I used grapes, blueberries and strawberries and baked it in a cast iron skillet. Turned out great!"
"Great recipe. easy and good. It is so versatile, can change fruits to seasonal. I also throw in a handful of nuts. Can be frozen in individual servings."
"Love this. I make and freeze in single portion containers. Then put container in fridge overnight, next morning zap in microwave to heat. Pour on some milk and enjoy."
"I make baked oatmeal for catering jobs. This one is packed with delicious fruit. I can make it ahead and then bake and serve."
"Delicious! I cut the recipe in half and baked it in 2 ramekins. Thank you, Karen, for sharing this recipe."
"Made this morning and followed recipe to the letter. Delicious! It definitely lives up to the rave reviews. I also agree this would be a good dessert, topped with a dab of whipped cream. I might cut down on the brown sugar a bit next time and doubt it would be noticeable."
"My oatmeal hating boys really enjoy this. We use different fruits in this all the time. Whatever is in season or that we have on hand. Like others have mentioned we tend to use more fruit than what is called for in the recipe."
"good one to prepare. Nice dish"
"I tried this when a friend made it. She told me she got the recipe from TOH, so I made it myself. Love it!"
"Yummy! We are now fans of baked oatmeal. I used honey instead of brown sugar."