"We often prepare this yummy dessert for company," Ellen Thompson shares from Springfield, Ohio. Just five ingredients are all that's needed for the creamy, chocolate- and peanut-flavored sensation. And best of all? "It's easy to take just the portion you want and freeze the rest for later," suggests Ellen.
- 12 reduced-fat Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Set aside 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Gently spread frozen yogurt over crumbs. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Yogurt Cookie Dessert in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p31
Reviews for Frozen Yogurt Cookie Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review