Frozen Grasshopper Torte Recipe
- 4 cups crushed cream-filled chocolate cookies (about 40)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Few drops green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for garnish; press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan, two 9-in. pie plates or a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 30 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust. Freeze.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine milk and marshmallow creme; stir until well blended. Add extract and food coloring. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon over ice cream and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze until firm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Grasshopper Torte(4)
Sort By :
This was wonderful! I'm not even the biggest fan of mint desserts but will definitely make this again. I used 25 mint cream oreos and 15 regular. I took 12 of the mint creams off of the cookies and froze them on wax paper. After the whole thing was set, I took off the sides of the spingform pan and stuck on the cream circles around the outside. I put it back in the freezer for about 2 hours and it looked as good as it tasted!
Warning: this recipe "looks" easy, but it's really time consuming. Nevertheless, it turned out sooo good. Was a hit! I prepared it in a 9x13 pan.
I made this for a birthday, and it was a huge hit! Just don't let the ice cream soften too much, because it won't firm up. I'm going to make this for a baby shower this weekend.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Irish Desserts >
- Irish Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes >