- 4 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter; toss until coated. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a 9-in. springform pan or 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 10 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust. Freeze, covered, until firm.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, mix marshmallow creme, milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring until blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with reserved cookie mixture. Freeze, covered, until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Grasshopper Torte
Sort By :
"I halved the cookie crust, used very good ice cream, did the nezt layer as said and smashed a candy cane for the garnish, Christmas time so pretty. It was lovely. One thing l,love about this recipe is it's delicious and you can make ahead and have ready. Oh l made it in my new TOH springform pan, love it too. A winner. Janet"
"This was wonderful! I'm not even the biggest fan of mint desserts but will definitely make this again. I used 25 mint cream oreos and 15 regular. I took 12 of the mint creams off of the cookies and froze them on wax paper. After the whole thing was set, I took off the sides of the spingform pan and stuck on the cream circles around the outside. I put it back in the freezer for about 2 hours and it looked as good as it tasted!"
"Warning: this recipe "looks" easy, but it's really time consuming. Nevertheless, it turned out sooo good. Was a hit! I prepared it in a 9x13 pan."
"I made this for a birthday, and it was a huge hit! Just don't let the ice cream soften too much, because it won't firm up. I'm going to make this for a baby shower this weekend."