- 4 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter; toss until coated. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a 9-in. springform pan or 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 10 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust. Freeze, covered, until firm.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, mix marshmallow creme, milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring until blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with reserved cookie mixture. Freeze, covered, until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Grasshopper Torte
"This dessert was good, and everyone enjoyed it. However, I wouldn't say that it was great. I thought it needed more peppermint flavor."
"very tasty and not too complicated. I did the 1/2 tsp of peppermint."
"Great recipe. The crust will seem like it's lacking butter, but that's intentional because once it's frozen, too much butter makes it difficult to cut."
"I halved the cookie crust, used very good ice cream, did the nezt layer as said and smashed a candy cane for the garnish, Christmas time so pretty. It was lovely. One thing l,love about this recipe is it's delicious and you can make ahead and have ready. Oh l made it in my new TOH springform pan, love it too. A winner. Janet"