Pineapple Breeze Torte
This lovely torte features ladyfingers, a creamy filling and a crushed pineapple topping. It's a special treat for my large family and a must at Christmas. —Barbara Joyner, Franklin, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) soft ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- Line bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan with ladyfinger halves; reserve remaining ladyfingers for layering.
- Beat cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture over bottom ladyfingers. Layer with remaining ladyfingers, overlapping as needed. Spread with remaining filling. Refrigerate, covered, while preparing topping.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in pineapple. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread topping gently over torte. Refrigerate, covered, until set, at least 4 hours. Remove rim from pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 243 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 6, 2010
nice and creame
Apr 30, 2009
I made this wonderful torte, but what I did was I used a can of lemon pie filling and it turn out great.Paulette zip code 53916
Apr 1, 2009
sounds delicious, a must make for easter. grace