Pineapple Breeze Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) soft ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- Line bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan with ladyfinger halves; reserve remaining ladyfingers for layering.
- Beat cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture over bottom ladyfingers. Layer with remaining ladyfingers, overlapping as needed. Spread with remaining filling. Refrigerate, covered, while preparing topping.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in pineapple. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread topping gently over torte. Refrigerate, covered, until set, at least 4 hours. Remove rim from pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 243 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 6, 2010
nice and creame
Apr 30, 2009
I made this wonderful torte, but what I did was I used a can of lemon pie filling and it turn out great.Paulette zip code 53916
Apr 1, 2009
sounds delicious, a must make for easter. grace