“Heavenly” is a good description for this luscious dessert, conveniently made a day ahead. When I don’t have a candy bar on hand, I melt ¾ cup of chocolate chips to use in the frosting. Whipped cream can be used in place of the whipped topping.—Arlene Butler, Ogden, Utah
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (4 ounces), chopped
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 15 minutes or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy bar; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Gradually stir in whipped topping. Frost top of cheesecake; garnish with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Chocolate Chip Cheesecake in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p33
Reviews for Frosted Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review