Frosted Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (4 ounces), chopped
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 15 minutes or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy bar; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Gradually stir in whipped topping. Frost top of cheesecake; garnish with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frosted Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Sort By :
I made this back in 2007 and rated it "excellent!"...my highest rating. I like cheesecakes that have a topping since it covers any cracks that might happen!
It was delicious, and easy too!! I used a store-bought Oreo crust (which tasted great, but was too small to hold the filling), as I could not find plain chocolate wafer crumbs. Does it work just as well to grind up whole Oreo cookies?
I tried this several years ago and have made it COUNTLESS times since. It is ALWAYS a hit and is appropriate for any dinner, either fancy or plain. I LOVE this recipe and have gotten so many recipe requests. I also serve it when I have company :)
My aunt made this last year at Thanksgiving and shared the recipe with me. I make it every time we have a celebration. It's a little tedious, but it's well worth it.
This was my very first Cheesecake that I made ever! Well it was a huge hit! It didn't last long and it was so pretty! I used a store bought Oreo crust instead of what the recipe called for which made it extra yummy! Loved it!!!! :) Will be making this again at Thanksgiving!