“This fresh-tasting combination is great with chips or grilled salmon, chicken or pork chops. But it’s so good, sometimes I just eat it with a spoon!" —Lindsay Anderson, Inman, Kansas
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Fresh Summer Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Fresh Summer Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review