Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- BOTTOM LAYER:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- MIDDLE LAYER:
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- For bottom layer, place sliced strawberries in the pie shell. For middle layer, combine the mashed strawberries, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool for 15 minutes; pour over bottom layer. Arrange strawberry halves on top of pie. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Just before serving, whip cream with sugar and almond extract if desired until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over pie or garnish individual servings. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fresh Strawberry Pie(3)
Sort By :
This pie is so easy and absolutely delicious! Tastes like strawberry shortcake in a pie. Don't forget the homemade whipped cream and to make it extra special, drizzle it with a little melted dark chocolate!
I love this pie! Every time I make it, people love it.
This is a good pie recipe. I served this for company, and everyone thought it was great. We don't like sugary desserts, so for the middle layer, I cut the sugar down to just above 1/2 cup, and increased the strawberries. Also, we don't eat gelatin, so it was great to find a recipe that does not call for it. I'll definitely make this again.