- BOTTOM LAYER:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- MIDDLE LAYER:
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- For bottom layer, place sliced strawberries in the pie shell. For middle layer, combine the mashed strawberries, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool for 15 minutes; pour over bottom layer. Arrange strawberry halves on top of pie. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Just before serving, whip cream with sugar and almond extract if desired until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over pie or garnish individual servings. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFresh Strawberry Pie
"We have declared this the best strawberry pie ever. It tasted so fresh - none of the gelatin in it made it taste REAL rather than fake and gelled up. We loved this and will make it again for sure."
"easy to make and tastes delicious. But my middle layer never set, so it ended up being a runny mess. Followed the directions exactly, so don't know what went wrong."
"This is the easiest and best tasting strawberry preview ever made! My husband loved it"
"I made this for my husband with fresh picked strawberries. He absolutely loved it! This recipe doesn't have that bitter strawberry Jello in it so the showcase flavor is REAL strawberry! I'm such a fan of this recipe and I will make it again!"
"Very tasty, liked that it didn't need gelatin."
"I love this pie! Every time I make it, people love it."
"This is a good pie recipe. I served this for company, and everyone thought it was great. We don't like sugary desserts, so for the middle layer, I cut the sugar down to just above 1/2 cup, and increased the strawberries. Also, we don't eat gelatin, so it was great to find a recipe that does not call for it. I'll definitely make this again."