Fresh Pear Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Toss pears with lemon juice. Stir pears and walnuts into batter (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Fresh Pear Bread
Sort By :
I've made this bread several times and each time it is delicious - family loves it. I also substitute bananas for the pears and it is now our favorite banana bread as well.
I used half pears and half blackberries. It was fine, but I just wasn't crazy about the texture of the bread.
I had Olympic Asian pears from my farm share that needed to be eaten. These type of pears weren't too sweet, so I was afraid that the bread might not turn out sweet enough. Not the case at all! This bread is so delicious and easy to make. I will definitely come back later to bake this again!
A real keeper. Family loves it. Will need to make more!
Made this the other day and it is delicious. Family really enjoyed. Good to freeze