Fresh Pear Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Toss pears with lemon juice. Stir pears and walnuts into batter (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Fresh Pear Bread
Sort By :
"I found this recipe when I had an abundance of pears from my parents tree. I just wish I had come across years ago. I made six small loaves with this recipe. Everyone loves it."
"This was a big hit baked in small holiday loaves. Great recipe, thanks!"
"I seen this recipe and since it's pear season, decided to try it. "Amazing" my family LOVED it. I made recipe exactly, dough is little thick and instead of 2 reg. loaf pans made 6 mini 5x3 loaves. My 11 yr. old grandaughter took it to school to share with her friends, I had my gal pals up for coffee and they raved. I will definately be baking this many times. just deliousous and the bread is moist and yummy and can really taste the pear."
"I've made this bread several times and each time it is delicious - family loves it. I also substitute bananas for the pears and it is now our favorite banana bread as well."
"I used half pears and half blackberries. It was fine, but I just wasn't crazy about the texture of the bread."