Fresh Pear Bread Recipe
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Toss pears with lemon juice. Stir pears and walnuts into batter (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Fresh Pear Bread(12)
Sort By :
Made this the other day and it is delicious. Family really enjoyed. Good to freeze
Made this for my grandson yesterday,and he just "loves it" the kicker is that he does not care for pears. It is a nice moist bread with great tasting flavor. Will make it many times in future! Thanks for sharing it.
I had pears that needed used I was a 1 1/2 cups short so I added some apples. It turned out great I do think it needs a little more cinnamon maybe even a little nutmeg. I put nuts in one and left them out of the other due to a friend has a nut allege. Over all it was good I just think it's missing a little some thing. Will make the over and over though it was great.
we loved this! i will make it again and again.
This bread was full of moist pears and so yummy! I will make it again and again.