Fresh Pear Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Toss pears with lemon juice. Stir pears and walnuts into batter (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Fresh Pear Bread(15)
Sort By :
I used half pears and half blackberries. It was fine, but I just wasn't crazy about the texture of the bread.
I had Olympic Asian pears from my farm share that needed to be eaten. These type of pears weren't too sweet, so I was afraid that the bread might not turn out sweet enough. Not the case at all! This bread is so delicious and easy to make. I will definitely come back later to bake this again!
A real keeper. Family loves it. Will need to make more!
Made this the other day and it is delicious. Family really enjoyed. Good to freeze
Made this for my grandson yesterday,and he just "loves it" the kicker is that he does not care for pears. It is a nice moist bread with great tasting flavor. Will make it many times in future! Thanks for sharing it.