Fresh Corn Bread Salad Recipe
Despite my hectic schedule, I enjoy cooking for family and friends. This recipe is one of my favorites.—Pam Holloway, Marion, Louisiana
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; stir in one can of Mexicorn. Bake according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the crumbled corn bread, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and remaining corn. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve or refrigerate. Yield: 10-12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC