- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Knead for 1 minute. Press into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Press dough 1/4 in. up the sides of pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes or until sightly risen.
- With a wooden spoon handle, make indentations at 1-in. intervals. Brush dough with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, rosemary and garlic salt. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Focaccia Bread Squares
"Taste like heaven come out better then any other Focaccia bread recipe that I have tried would give this 10 star if I could Please post more recipes like this one"
"Taste like heaven come out better then any other Focaccia bread recipe that I have tried would give this 10+++++ star if I could Please post more recipes like this one"
"We love this recipe and use shredded asiago or parmesan cheese. It bakes nicely in a metal roasting pan."
"We love this bread! It is so easy to make with the bread machine dough. One substitution I made is to use olive oil instead of butter in the dough. It works out just fine. Sometimes I substitute Italian seasoning or pizza spice for the rosemary. This bread is a huge favorite at our house with family and friends alike!"
"I've made this many times - it's easy and it goes great with any Italian dish! Friends and family love it!"
"This has been a go to recipe for me since the first time I tried it."