Flank Steak Crostini Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 36 slices
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic and basil; brush over baguette slices. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Top with mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sliced steak, Parmesan cheese and chives. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Flank Steak Crostini in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p85
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flank Steak Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review