- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen breaded fish sticks (about 18)
- Break apart hash browns with a fork; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add minced onion, dill, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in hash browns and cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; arrange fish sticks over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and fish flakes with a fork. Let casserole stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFish Stick Supper
"This recipe wasn't HORRIBLE, but it was just ok. We thought it lacked something. Maybe it was the fish sticks we used. I doubt we'll try this again."
"I've made this for many years and my kids to this day still love it. They are now 39 and 18 and the oldest now makes it for her children. Its best with solid meat fish sticks and not the minced type. We aways double the recipe and use the value box of 40 fish sticks."
"My family and I love this recipe! I have made it several times. I first tried it when I needed a new meatless meal for Lent. I now make it year round!"
"I am really sorry... but I followed this recipe to the letter... and this is remembered as one of the "worst" recipes that I ever tried with my family."