- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large saucepan, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, beans, tomatoes, corn, rice, chilies and remaining fajita seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the soup, cilantro, lime juice and chicken; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Fiesta Chicken Chowder
"Really love this recipe. One of my favorite soup/chowder recipes to make. Really great with crushed up tortilla chips on top of it."
"This recipe is awesome, even better the next day! Wished I could have gave it 10 stars."
"Delicious! I even bought regular corn by mistake and the flavor was great. I will definitely be making this one again!"
"We loved this. Will make again. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Really, really enjoyed this. My husband couldn't keep his spoon out of the soup pot! It was very easy to make and a very filling meal. I made my own fajita seasoning and it was just the right amount of spice."