Feta Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet
Sort By :
"Fabulous! I'm in queue for bariatric surgery, and by omitting the wine and cutting down a bit on the feta, (which I wouldn't do normally!) this is a perfect meal for me!"
"Really easy to make and burst with flavors from the feta cheese. Use a lil extra next time."
"My husband and I are doing Weight Watchers and this was a great addition to our menu..He gave it a 10 . Fresh cooked food is so much better than prepackaged and this was so easy. GREAT RECIPE ."
"This was fantastic...made exactly to recipe including wine and served on top of spinach fettuccine. Personally thought this was restaurant quality"
"Absolutely delicious!! Shared the recipe with my daughter and my best friend. Will make many times, as my husband enjoyed it as much as I did!!"