- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. My only change was I spooned the tomato and shrimp mixture into 2 small personal casserole dishes, piled the feta on top and stuck them under the broiler until the feta softened and browned a bit. Served with Greek salad, crusty bread, white wine and Greek music playing softly in the background. Perfect for date night with hubby!"
"I adore, adore, ADORE this recipe. The sweetness of the shrimp counter-balancing with the sharp, salty flavor of the cheese to create a perfect bite. Will use this often."
"Just great. Made over the 4th of July weekend. I eliminated 1 can of the diced tomatoes for 6oz of sweet chili sauce. Wow!"
"I made this with tomatoes with chili and topped with fresh chopped parsley & feta and served over angel hair. Soooo delicious and easy to make!!!! Like a one-skillet dish."
"Super easy and fast!! So delicious! Served mine over a little brown rice but could totally go without the rice would be superb with some crusty bread to soak up the yummy juice."