- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet
Sort By :
"Just great. Made over the 4th of July weekend. I eliminated 1 can of the diced tomatoes for 6oz of sweet chili sauce. Wow!"
"I made this with tomatoes with chili and topped with fresh chopped parsley & feta and served over angel hair. Soooo delicious and easy to make!!!! Like a one-skillet dish."
"Super easy and fast!! So delicious! Served mine over a little brown rice but could totally go without the rice would be superb with some crusty bread to soak up the yummy juice."
"Very easy & yummy!"
"This was a great recipe. I don't like parsley, so I used fresh basil. I served it over spaghetti squash. In the summer I will try this with fresh tomatoes from the garden. Using fresh ingredients makes dishes even better."