Feta Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious!! Shared the recipe with my daughter and my best friend. Will make many times, as my husband enjoyed it as much as I did!!
Fabulous! Quick and easy to make and lots of flavor. I have had to start a gluten free diet, so I served this with gluten free pasta and it was excellent. This is definitely a keeper.
I made this to exact specs and served on top of ziti. The sauce was delicious, the feta makes it. Would be good with chicken or zucchini for the vegetarian. The sauce did tend to overpower the flavor of the shrimp. Would make again.
WOW! This was easy and delicious. My hubby wanted it over pasta, but it would be great without , too!