Feta Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet
Sort By :
I made this to exact specs and served on top of ziti. The sauce was delicious, the feta makes it. Would be good with chicken or zucchini for the vegetarian. The sauce did tend to overpower the flavor of the shrimp. Would make again.
WOW! This was easy and delicious. My hubby wanted it over pasta, but it would be great without , too!
This is a quick dish to make considering the varied ingredients and spices. I had a lot of parmesan cheese on hand, so I used that instead of the feta. It was quite good. I do think it needed a bit more salt. Very good.
I'm a heathen, so I just substituted beer for the wine, but this was an excellent dish! Very quick and easy to prepare! I also used pre-cooked shrimp, so I followed the total cooking time but only added the shrimp during the last minute and heated them through. The tang of the feta really makes this recipe! Unique and clever! And delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >