These delicate sandwiches were the memorable first course at a Victorian tea we held for the ladies of our congregation. A spread that combines mayonnaise, pecans and cranberries is the perfect complement of the chicken.
Featured In: 16 Christmas Tree-Shaped Recipes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices bread, crusts removed
- 16 to 24 thin slices cooked chicken
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Combine the first five ingredients; spread on one side of each slice of bread. Layer half the slices with chicken and lettuce. Top with remaining bread. Cut into quarters or decorative shapes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Festive Tea Sandwiches in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p37
Reviews for Festive Tea Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review