Cute Halloween Sandwiches
I make these for my grandchildren. You can change the cutter shape and food coloring to suit any occasion, but this is a surefire trick-or-treat winner! —Jane Whittaker, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 45 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Yellow and red food coloring
- 16 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/3 cup spreadable honey nut cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 medium bananas, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- Divide regular cream cheese into thirds; place in separate bowls. Tint one portion yellow and one portion orange with yellow and red food coloring. Leave remaining portion white.
- Using a 3-in. candy corn-shaped cookie cutter, cut two pieces from each bread slice. Spread honey nut cream cheese over eight bread cutouts. Layer with peanut butter and bananas; drizzle with honey. Top with remaining bread cutouts. Decorate top of sandwiches with tinted cream cheese to resemble candy corn.
Originally published as Cute Halloween Sandwiches in Halloween Bookazine 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.