"Scones fit into just about every meal," assures Stephanie Moon, from Boise, Idaho."This dough bakes up beautifully into fully golden wedges. We love the tender triangles with butter and cinnamon-sugar," she adds.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg, yogurt and vanilla just until combined. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- Roll into a 9-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Featherlight Scones in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p37
Reviews for Featherlight Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review