Featherlight Scones Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg, yogurt and vanilla just until combined. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- Roll into a 9-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Featherlight Scones(6)
Sort By :
I have literally made this recipe hundreds of times! (I used to bake for a couple of local coffee shops.) Not only did my customers rave about these scones, but my family looks forward to them as well!
Easy to make and tasty, but plain. Next time, I'm adding blueberries! Thanks for the recipe!
They came out moist and light...very good.
Yummy! Delicious for anytime, breakfast, with a cup of coffee or with a meal. Thanks!
These turned out fabulous! I took some over to my neighbor and she absolutely raved about them.