- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Place sweet potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding orange juice, brown sugar, syrup and pie spice to reach desired consistency. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Mashed Sweet Potatoes
"I love sweet potatoes. I added orange marmalade, about a 1/4 of a cup & 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract. We all liked it."
"I didn't have orange juice, I substituted almond milk. I loved. It. My husband doesn't like sweet potatoes tried it and he liked it too."
"I made this for our fellowship & it wasn't scarfed like I thought it would be. Perhaps others don't like sweet potatoes as much as I."
"My family liked that this wasn't so heavy as others I've made. Nice, too, that it has so few ingredients. Will make again next Thanksgiving."
"I did not have any orange juice on hand so modified the recipe to use 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. The potatoes turned out great"
"It's officially a family favorite!"
"This was a wonderful alternative to my heavy sweet potato casserole. I used honey instead of maple syrup as I didn't have any. Good flavor. Definately on my menus from now on!"