Toss some good-for-you veggies together with a coating of fat-free salad dressing, and you've got this ideal side dish in no time. From Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, Sarah Newman writes, “The recipe is so easy, and marinating the vegetables overnight gives them a great flavor and texture. It's perfect for picnics, potlucks or other gatherings!”
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, mushrooms, tomatoes and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p13
Reviews for Favorite Marinated Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 4, 2010
"It is good, healthy, and wonderful. I think I will double the fat free Italian dressing the next time"