Favorite Creamy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain noodles; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Favorite Creamy Chicken Casserole(30)
Sort By :
Pretty good. The only thing I did differently was I subbed garlic salt for the regular salt and added a little extra onion. It would make a good filling for chicken pot pie, (if I ever would try that!)
Wonderful comfort food. Forgot to put the melted butter in, but it didn't seem to matter! Love this!
My mom has made this casserole for many years. It's a family favorite and always something to throw together quickly.
Really good with cubed Spam instead of Chicken , cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken and chow mein noodles mixed in. Sprinkle more chow mein noodles on top towards end of baking time
Have made this 3-4 times since my last post in April 2012. Easy to fix. YUM!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >