- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Paprika, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheese, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Place potatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Fast Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
I doubled the recipe when I made these potatoes and my husband and son loved them! Looking forward to making them again.
It does need longer to cook even in a convection oven. Also, I substituted 1/8 tsp of smoked paprika and put it right into the cheese sauce instead of on top.
These are really good. They need closer to an hour to cook though.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >