- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 2 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Brush yellow squash, zucchini and onion with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, turning once. Cool slightly. Cut into 1-in. pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and remaining oil until blended. In a large bowl, combine orzo, grilled vegetables, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and remaining salt. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Farmer's Market Orzo Salad in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p94
Reviews for Farmer's Market Orzo Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review