- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil over medium heat. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until meat is almost tender. Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fabulous Fajitas
"this was very good, but I would probably add a little more seasoning the next time. I will make this again."
"I'm surprised I didn't submit a review on this recipe earlier (shame on me)! This recipe is truly FABULOUS! This is my go-to recipe for fajitas; not only do I use steak, but I also use chicken and I'll double the recipe so one night we have fajitas, the next night I'll make quesadillas with either the chicken or steak. This is such a keeper!!"
"Everybody here loved this recipe! I made it exactly as written. What an easy and tasty dinner."
"We love fajitas and this recipe is a winner. I did substitute chicken for the beef and it was delicious. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. So easy and so good. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"I also prepare this recipe by marinating chicken in the seasonings, then cooking it on individual fajita skillets"
"This was great. The meat was so tender! Easy to make too. I doubled the recipe to serve 7 people."
"I used half of the recipe and put it in my 1.5 qt slow cooker and it was perfect for the two of us. I used lime instead of lemon, but I couldn't detect any lime flavor. I would have been better off using the lemon during cooking and adding a squeeze of lime at the end."
"The name says it all- fabulous! No more to says!"
"The name fits they are Fabulous!"