Fabulous Fajitas Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil over medium heat. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until meat is almost tender. Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fabulous Fajitas
Sort By :
"I used half of the recipe and put it in my 1.5 qt slow cooker and it was perfect for the two of us. I used lime instead of lemon, but I couldn't detect any lime flavor. I would have been better off using the lemon during cooking and adding a squeeze of lime at the end."
"The name says it all- fabulous! No more to says!"
"The name fits they are Fabulous!"
"This turned out way better than expected! The flavor of the meat is awesome and the peppers weren't soggy.*I cooked this in a 5 qt crock on low for about 6 hrs. I almost doubled the lemon juice and spices for a little more kick and put a little water in as well to keep it from drying out.I'll be making this a regular!"
"These were so easy and quick. I found you don't need to cook on HIGH, Low temp worked well for 2 hours. Added the peppers and onions and cooked 30 min on High, then another 30 min on Low. Served with salsa, sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese and avocado slices. Might try lime juice instead of lemon juice next time. Also used a mix of green, red and yellow peppers."