Fabulous Fajitas Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil over medium heat. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until meat is almost tender. Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fabulous Fajitas(9)
Sort By :
The name says it all- fabulous! No more to says!
The name fits they are Fabulous!
This turned out way better than expected! The flavor of the meat is awesome and the peppers weren't soggy.
*I cooked this in a 5 qt crock on low for about 6 hrs. I almost doubled the lemon juice and spices for a little more kick and put a little water in as well to keep it from drying out.
I'll be making this a regular!
These were so easy and quick. I found you don't need to cook on HIGH, Low temp worked well for 2 hours. Added the peppers and onions and cooked 30 min on High, then another 30 min on Low. Served with salsa, sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese and avocado slices. Might try lime juice instead of lemon juice next time. Also used a mix of green, red and yellow peppers.
These were so easy and quick. I found you don't need to cook on HIGH, Low temp worked well for 2 hours. Added the peppers and onions and cooked 30 min on High, then another 30 min on Low. Served with salsa, sour cream and avocado slices. Might try lime juice instead of lemon juice next time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Steak >
- Steak Dinner >
- Steak Recipes >