- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil over medium heat. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until meat is almost tender. Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fabulous Fajitas
Sort By :
"This was great. The meat was so tender! Easy to make too. I doubled the recipe to serve 7 people."
"I used half of the recipe and put it in my 1.5 qt slow cooker and it was perfect for the two of us. I used lime instead of lemon, but I couldn't detect any lime flavor. I would have been better off using the lemon during cooking and adding a squeeze of lime at the end."
"The name says it all- fabulous! No more to says!"
"The name fits they are Fabulous!"
"This turned out way better than expected! The flavor of the meat is awesome and the peppers weren't soggy.*I cooked this in a 5 qt crock on low for about 6 hrs. I almost doubled the lemon juice and spices for a little more kick and put a little water in as well to keep it from drying out.I'll be making this a regular!"