As a toddler, my son loved bananas so we always had them in the house. We didn't always eat them all before they were too ripe, so we experimented beyond basic banana bread. That’s how we came up with Elvis Bread! —Liz Somppi, Greenfield, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk bananas, eggs, peanut butter, applesauce, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to three 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Elvis Banana Bread in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Reviews for Elvis Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review