- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk bananas, eggs, peanut butter, applesauce, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
Transfer to three 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled loaves in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each loaf on high for 60-75 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Elvis Banana Bread
"I'm going to give it a 5 star it was very good but after reading recipe i did adjust the baking time to less, and put the dough in 4 small pans it rose up great"
"Beetlybug check the freshness of your leaveners, that can certainly play a role in how your quickbreads rise."
"Horrible, we had to throw it out, it did not rise at all and had the consistency of a brick."
"Made the recipe as is except with some crumbled crispy bacon over the top before baking. Delicious!"