- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cold brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with 1 tablespoon cocoa; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and remaining cocoa. In another bowl, combine the coffee, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Eggless Chocolate Cake in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p59
Reviews for Eggless Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2014
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2013
"Its so yummyeeee"
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2008
"Could you replace the oil with applesauce, or fat free margaring to make it virtually fat free? I have made cakes before with those substitutions, and it did work"