- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings. Add eggs, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of egg mixture down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese, onions and reserved bacon. Fold bottom and sides of each tortilla over filling. Wrap each in waxed paper and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen burritos: Remove foil. Place waxed paper-wrapped burritos on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave at 60% power for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 20 seconds. Yield: 10 burritos.
Reviews for Egg Burritos
"I make a version of this all the time. They are great just with bacon and hot Louisiana Hot sauce.I recommend using whole eggs because the yolk is where all the vitamins are. Egg whites are not longer considered a "health" food. White only have 3.6 g of protein and trace minerals. Yolks have omegas, B vitamins, A, C, D and calcium, iron, 2.7 g protein, potassium. selenium, and folate to name a few. Yolks are considered heart healthy.http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html"
"I made this for my husbands breakfast group - but I did substitute chorize for bacon as they love things hot and spicy - huge hit"
"Recipe was good I made it better by adding cheese and potatoes"