Here's a lighter, scrumptious twist for pizza night. It makes good use of convenience items and keeps everyone's taste buds excited with help from nutty-flavored fontina cheese and crushed red pepper flakes. —Brittney House, Lockport, Illinois
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded cooked turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; rub with cut sides of garlic. Discard garlic. Spread Alfredo sauce over crust. Top with spinach mixture, cheese and pepper flakes. Bake 8-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Effortless Alfredo Pizza in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p53
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Effortless Alfredo Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review