- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, saute beans and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soy sauce and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Green Beans in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p66
Reviews for Easy Sesame Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2010
"Easy to make with a nice flavor."
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2010
"These were great! I have made them a couple times now. I love this recipe!"