Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
Didn't love it... Will continue the search for the "perfect strawberry pie"
To amybooth. Possibly the cornstarch wasn't completely cooked. That would give you the cloudiness.
Better luck next time. I off to make this pie again but with raspberries this ,time.
I followed the recipe exactly & the gelatin mixture on top of the berries looks hazy. I am guessing red food coloring would have made this glaze look more appealing on top of the berries.
This is an excellent recipe. My family loves it and I make it all the time.
Amazing!! Made two in a week!