- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
"Very simple and tasty recipe. My daughter loved it. I made it with sugar free jello and topped with cool whip."
"Didn't love it... Will continue the search for the "perfect strawberry pie""
"To amybooth. Possibly the cornstarch wasn't completely cooked. That would give you the cloudiness.Better luck next time. I off to make this pie again but with raspberries this ,time."
"I followed the recipe exactly & the gelatin mixture on top of the berries looks hazy. I am guessing red food coloring would have made this glaze look more appealing on top of the berries."