Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 large red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut in half
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place the onion, potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, pepper and contents of spice packet; pour over vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage
Sort By :
"Could not fit everything in my 5 qt slow cooker. Next time I'll use fewer potatoes. I used small red potatoes. Served it with creole mustard and it was fantastic!"
"I have never made a Corned Beef Dinner using a crockpot...always on the stove, for 50 years! Always good and our family loved it! But, now I was looking for a fuss-free simple way to just basically throw all of it together at one time and just be able to forget about it, and get on with other things for the day...worry free! Sooo, I liked the sounds of this recipe , and gave it a try for the very first time...it was excellent! Simple, and lots of flavor! I am not a fan of Cabbage, but this time it was much better than usual. Not the same ole' bland taste...had a nice bite to it! I have now decided when I want to make a Corned Beef Dinner, I will use this recipe and a crock pot...no more simmering and watching on the stove!"
"I make this every year and it turns out great! The meat is very tender and so are the vegetables. The only thing I did different from the recipe is I used a bag of petite red potatoes instead of the four large ones. Everything had good taste!"
"Simple, Tender, and definately a repeat. The corned beef I picked up did not have a spice pack and so I just made it without and still great.... definately a yearly repeat if not more."
"Too much food for a 5-qt slow cooker. Cabbage was washed out and it had no flavor. In fact, the whole dish had no corned beef & cabbage flavor; probably too many spices."