- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 large red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut in half
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place the onion, potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, pepper and contents of spice packet; pour over vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage
"This was good. It is salty though. I made it without the cider vinegar because I didn't have any. I followed the review suggestions and took some of the broth out of the crockpot and used that to boil the cabbage by its self. We really liked it that way."
"this is an excellent recipe for CB&C. Throw everything in a crock pot in the morning and enjoy a delicious meal in the evening. i only used 1/2 head of cabbage cut into 6 wedges since that was all that would fit in the crockpot."
"This was amazing! I cooked it for 6 and 1/2 hours. Meat was very tender. This was the first time I ever cooked corned beef. Will do again."
"Easy and delicious. I added the cabbage about 30 minutes at the end of the cooking time. It turned out perfect."
"My go-to corned beef recipe when I want to use the crockpot. Until this year it's the only way I have prepared this meal. It's tough to fit the cabbage in once everything else is in the crock. Sometimes I leave the cabbage out & at the end of cooking time I pull everything out & place in Corning wear to keep warm. I then place the cabbage in the spiced leftover juice on the stovetop. The cabbage tastes so nice cooked in that liquid. Use pickling spices if your corned beef doesn't come with the spice pack."