We love Mexican food, and this was my attempt to have it for breakfast. If my kids will eat it, then I know it's a winner, and they all love this dish! —Judy Parker, Moore, Oklahoma
Recommended: Our Most-Shared Recipes Ever
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and egg substitute. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set.
- Heat another large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Top with 1/3 cup cheese, scant 2 tablespoons bacon, 1 cup egg mixture and one tortilla. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, bacon and eggs, spraying pan as needed. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Breakfast Quesadillas in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p63
Reviews for Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2010
"This was really good and easy too!"