- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine bananas, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Banana Muffins(29)
Sort By :
Love this recipe! Fast and simple to make, and as an added bonus I always have the ingredients on hand. It has plenty of chocolate flavor mixed in with the banana. I make it in a loaf pan and it takes a little over an hour to cook in my oven.
These were sooo good. My family really enjoyed them. Very moist and didn't take long at all to whip up a batch. Definately a keeper recipe.
These are by far the BEST chocolate banana muffins I have ever made. They are moist and delicious! Other than using a jumbo muffin pan I followed the recipe to a tee. I put a couple in the freezer and when thawed they were just as good as freshly baked! Thank you for this wonderful recipe! I will use it again & again!!!
I made this in to a loaf; it made 1 standard size pan. I baked it for about 50 minutes. Fabulous!!
I made these muffins several times the first year the recipe came out in Taste of Home. They tasted and smelled great!. For some reason I stopped making them...but my husband, who hardly eats sweets, just asked me to make these again! He remembered them from years ago and says he liked them. I am so glad the recipe is still on here!!