Because we live in Idaho and have long, cold winters, hot chocolate is a staple for our family. With this make-ahead mix, a warm cup can be ready in the time it takes to pull off the mittens. —Tracy Dalin, Gooding, Idaho
- 2-3/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, optional
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- EACH SERVING:
- 3/4 cup hot 2% milk
- In a large airtight container, mix the first five ingredients. If desired, stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare hot cocoa: Place 1/3 cup mix in a mug. Stir in hot milk until blended. Yield: 21 servings (7 cups hot cocoa mix).
Originally published as DIY Hot Cocoa Mix in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p95
Reviews for DIY Hot Cocoa Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review