- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese, lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Soften yeast in water; set aside. In bowl combine cottage cheese, sugar, onion, butter, dill seed, salt, soda and egg. Mix until blended. Stir in yeast. Gradually add flour to form stiff dough. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 1 hour.
- Stir down dough. Turn into well-greased 8-in. round baking dish, about 1- to 1-1/2-qt. size. Let rise for 30-40 minutes. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes. Brush with additional butter. Cut in wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Casserole Bread in Country April/May 1990, p51
Reviews for Dilly Casserole Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2008
I have used this recipe many times and it is a very special bread and is great with any kind of Italian casseroles