Dilled Pot Roast Recipe
- 2 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon dill, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of roast. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add water and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining dill; stir in cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and browning sauce if desired; heat through. Serve beef and sour cream sauce with rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Dilled Pot Roast(3)
Sort By :
This is SO good and is my son's favorite meal. He asks for it for his birthday. We just "chunk" up the roast and mix it up with the sauce, then serve over rice. YUMMY!!
This pot roast was to die for, excellent recipe! My family absolutely loved it! I made it exactly as to what the recipe called for, would not change a thing!
My husband made this for a Sunday dinner and we were surprised at how good it was. We've made it a couple times since then.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >