These tender corn muffins are the cream of the crop! Tender and moist, the muffins get a pleasing hint of sweetness from the easy homemade honey butter. —Angela Lively Baxter, Tennessee
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg yolk, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until blended. Serve with muffins. Yield: 1 dozen (1/2 cup butter).
Originally published as Deluxe Corn Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p31
Reviews for Deluxe Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review