- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 envelope creamy pesto sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink; remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken; remove from the pan.
- Add garlic and lemon peel to the same pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add wine and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from the pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the cheese, milk and sauce mix. Add chicken; cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with herbs. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Delish Pesto Pasta with Chicken Marsala
"This has become one of my favorite dishes! The sauce has an amazing flavor. Lately, I've been making the sauce and pouring it over quinoa, which is also excellent."
"I've made this a number of times. It is a quick easy meal to get on the table after work and one that my family enjoys. I buy the Knorr's packet when they go on sale and all the other ingredients I usually have on hand so it's always easy to put together in a pinch. I do not include the fresh basil."
"My husband and sons loved this dinner. I used muscato wine instead from belle bolle. For some reason it will not let me click anything other than three stars but I would give it 5 :)"
"slightly chalky due to the packaged pesto. Gonna try again with real pesto :D All in all my sons really liked it."
"I forgot to say that instead of the last 4 ingredients, I used Bertoni pesto, ready-made and just a bit of milk and a bunch of Parmesan to add some extra punch."