Deli-Style Potato Salad Recipe
I was inspired by my grandmother to cook, and loved going to her house for Sunday dinner. She passed her cooking skills down, and today my mom and I still make this potato salad.
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 8 whole baby dill pickles, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Coarsely chop four eggs. In a large bowl, combine the chopped eggs, pickles, onion and radishes; add potatoes. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, milk, mustard, pickle juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; stir to combine.
- Slice remaining eggs and arrange over salad; sprinkle with paprika if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Deli-Style Potato Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p62
Reviews for Deli-Style Potato Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review