- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and green pepper in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add apple; cook 2 minutes longer. Combine flour and salt. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the curry, ginger and pepper flakes. Return chicken to saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Curry Chicken Soup
Sort By :
I make this so that it comes out thicker and goes well over rice. I've been looking for a good curry recipe to adopt for my household and we love this one!
This is wonderful with or without the tomato paste and using Turkey instead of chicken.
I sweat for a week after eating this...then I remembered there was leftovers.
Sigh...Needless to say I will not be making this again.
I thought the flavors were wonderful and it was easy to make. Perfect for a chilly winter day.
I loved this soup! It was very easy to make and really warmed us up on a cold night. My husband suggests that I cut back a tad on the ginger next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >