Zippy jalapeno, tart lime juice and garden-fresh cucumbers take center stage in this chunky salsa from Sandy Lee of Choctaw, Oklahoma. "I always have more cucumbers than I can use, so I created this recipe," she says. "It complements just about anything."
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Cucumber Salsa in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p22
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cucumber Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review