- 2 medium Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Gently stir in the celery, walnuts, raisins and mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Waldorf Salad
Sort By :
"I have made this exact same recipe with 2 Granny Smith and 2 McIntosh apples many many times but the addition of cinnamon takes it to the next level. I added a tiny bit of sugar also. I will always use cinnamon from now on!"
"This was pretty good.. I made 1 1/2 times the amount for 20 people, and I got about a quarter of it back. I think Waldorf Salad is a love it or hate it kind of recipe. I added a little bit of honey to the mayonnaise."
"This sounds good, however it is a lot of calories for the serving size. Im going to try it with Low fat/fat free vanilla yogurt. Omit the raisins and add halved grapes! maybe add fresh broccoli florets."
"Waldorf Salad is just a part of the holidays at our house. Believe it or not I used Cinnamon-flavored Cool Whip instead of the mayonnaise and it came out great! The cinnamon added a nice holiday touch. You can add a few tablespoons of mayonnaise for a creamier texture and to add some tartness. Either way it was a hit!"
"Easy to make and delicious! Will definitely make this again."