The lemon juice gives this easy salad quite a zip and the apples and nuts offer a nice crunch. It’s light, refreshing and effortless to assemble. —Chuck Hinz, Parma, Ohio
- 2 medium Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Gently stir in the celery, walnuts, raisins and mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Waldorf Salad in Country October/November 2009, p51
Reviews for Crunchy Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review