- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/3 cups French-fried onions, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Place barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese and pepper. Dip both sides of chicken in barbecue sauce, then one side in onion mixture.
- Place chicken, crumb side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken
"It has been requested again this week. I'd say that is a testimonial that it is great."
"I'm very glad I decided to give this a try. I was very skeptical and didn't think it would turn out to well but it turned out great and tastes amazing. I am very impressed!"
"OMG!!! Delicious.....I made it without the cheese but only because we have a lactose intolerant person eating with us. Made it with baked potatoes and mixed vegetables. Will definitely be making again."
"I made this exactly like the recipe.Note** I usually love TOH recipes, however, this did not turn out well for me. The chicken filets were not tender & there was too much onion mixture. My husband thought the chicken was tough & his piece seemed that way. I do not know what was wrong..sadly- I won't make this again. Note to people who submit their recipes....keep on submitting. It takes courage plus talent --some of the reviews are very insulting to the submitters. Shame on them! I love TOH recipe help and I have learned so much from the reviews and the submitters of the recipes."
"This tasted great. Easy to make and fast. My wife and I loved it. I will be making this again."
"This is a great recipe for anyone on a low-fat diet. Tastes great and something different from the usual chicken recipes you find. My husband loves this and I will be making it often!"
"NO good for me"
"I've made this several times - didn't change a thing and love it!"