Crunchy-Herbed Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip both sides of chicken in the flour, eggs, then crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Spritz tops with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 244 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 21, 2015
I freshly grated a good quality cheeses and really didn't get the flavor I was expecting. Maybe my expectations were too high or I'm spoiled from the flavor I get from soaking the chicken in a buttermilk mixture before breading. Still, the chicken was moist and good.
May 4, 2014
Really tasty. We don't really like panko so I just used plain bread crumbs.
Mar 25, 2013
Tasty and great for a week night. We had extra bread crumbs when we made chicken thighs so I will half it next time.
Nov 30, 2012
this is such a good recipe and I make it over and over again....its not one I mind eating every week :-)
Nov 4, 2012
Easy and tasty. Served it with a side of spaghetti and italian-herbed bread. Great combination.
Aug 10, 2012
This was easy and tasted great.
Jul 20, 2012
Fantastic!The chicken had great flavor.Used seasoned panko, otherwise everything was the same.
Jul 20, 2012
Fantastic! The chicken had great flavor. Used seasoned panko, otherwise everything was the same.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.