Crumb-Topped Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- For batter, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Toss blueberries with remaining flour. Stir blueberries and cream cheese into creamed mixture (batter will be thick). Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Blueberry Coffee Cake(13)
Sort By :
This was a great recipe, easy and fast to make. I used 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of black berries instead of all blueberries.
was very good...I was hoping the cream cheese would have melted out a bit instead of staying in a chunk so I may soften it an mix it in next time but overall really really yummy
Has become a family favorite. Everyone loves it.
This coffee cake came out bland and although I mixed the frozen berries with flour they all sat at the bottom. A much more enjoyable blueberry coffee cake came from Taste of home and was called Blueberry crunch cake. That was a 5 star. I've made that one several times and never disappointed.
I believe I have made this recipe & any recipes which I'd rated as excellent, I turn to them time and again!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >