- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- For batter, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Toss blueberries with remaining flour. Stir blueberries and cream cheese into creamed mixture (batter will be thick). Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Blueberry Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Very, very good. I do think next time I may make more topping. I agree with those who said the cream cheese needs to be softened first. Maybe softening it in order to swirl it through might help. I did have some areas where there was no cream cheese at all. Still, though, this was a delicious coffee cake and I will make it again."
"Was concerned about the bland comment below. Not bland at all. It is WONDERFUL! I like that you include the cream cheese at the end so the little morsels are in there like a treat. I made in a loaf pan."
"This was a great recipe, easy and fast to make. I used 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of black berries instead of all blueberries."
"was very good...I was hoping the cream cheese would have melted out a bit instead of staying in a chunk so I may soften it an mix it in next time but overall really really yummy"
"Has become a family favorite. Everyone loves it."