- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Salad
"I guess I don't care for raw cranberries....everything was great about this recipe except for the toughness of the cranberries. I wonder if they can be partially cooked before adding to the salad. My husband felt the same way, as I noticed him trying to chew and swallow. Will try again or perhaps use the dreaded canned whole berry cranberry sauce."
"Small error estimate on "16 servings". Just made this for Thanksgiving 2016 and 7 people consumed it all!"
"Do you measure the cranberries before or after they are chopped?"
"Wonderful change from the cranberry salad I have been eating for 30 years! lol"
"I made this for Easter dinner and my family loved it! I did add more walnuts than the recipe called for, for that extra crunch. Also, I liked the idea of it staying fresh and not runny for a week after Easter. We ate every bite to the bottom of the bowl!"
"Really, Really Good. I was so happy to find a recipe that used whipping cream instead of chemical laden whipped toppings. I will definitely made this a lot."
"Followed the recipe, no changes and everyone loved it."
"I cook in an elementary school and made this for the kids and they loved it. I did not have whole cranberries so I used canned cranberry sauce and it worked fine. I also could not put in the walnuts due to allergies. This is a keeper and I will make it again."