- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Salad
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe for years always using cool whip. I suppose the heavy cream is probably just as good if not better, but I guess I opt for quick b/c I work full time. I have always found the cool whip to work well. the only time it didn't turn out is one year when I forgot the sugar!!!LOL"
"This is a great salad made just as written. Why would anyone want to use chemical laden cool whip in your food. Whipped cream is so much better in this salad. 5stars"
"I love the canned Ocean Spray Sauce. Has anyone ever substituted this for the frozen cranberries?"
"I have made this for many years and have always used Cool Whip. I grind the cranberries and add crushed pineapple and sugar and let set overnight."
"I make a similar recipe and use Cool Whip"