- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil in batches for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the soups, cream, wine or broth and chili powder until blended; heat through. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley.
- Drain noodles; serve with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken with Noodles
Sort By :
"This was really good. I used the Marsala and I'm glad I did; I don't think it would have had much flavor with the broth. I also left out the mushrooms and substituted Cream of Celery for the Cream of Mushroom."
"I will try this again, but with a better brand of chicken I think. I used the cheap, low value chicken breast and my chicken was rubbery. Maybe cooked it too long? I don't believe it was the recipe's fault, but mine. The sauce was good! I used broth instead of wine. I'll try it again!"
"This one gets 5 stars for quick and easy. We are not a fan of Marsala wine so I used chicken stock instead. Family really liked it. I was afraid it might have a processed taste to it with 2 cans of soup but it didn't. I did sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder on the chicken before cooking it. I will be making this again especially when I need something quick. Thanks for sharing."
"Good meal and easy to make."
"Even my kids love this!"