From Woodridge, New York, Donna Akerley explains, “One night I had a few chicken breasts thawed and a limited amount of time. I started tossing things together and was pleasantly surprised by this comforting combination. My family was thrilled and dinner was served in minutes.”
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil in batches for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the soups, cream, wine or broth and chili powder until blended; heat through. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley.
- Drain noodles; serve with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken with Noodles in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p13
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken with Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review