- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in remaining butter until tender.
- Whisk in flour until blended; gradually stir in the milk, cream, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the gnocchi and spinach; cook for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add the chicken. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Sort By :
"I want to make this, butt what is potato gnocchi and where do I find it?"
"This was so easy and very delicious--I added another cup of milk to make more broth and it was still delivious. Definitely a keeper"
"I made this soup today & it is delicious! I will definitely be sharing the recipe with family & friends!"
"It's perfect for this season, my husband love this kind of soup!"