Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in remaining butter until tender.
- Whisk in flour until blended; gradually stir in the milk, cream, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the gnocchi and spinach; cook for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add the chicken. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup(3)
Sort By :
Excellent Soup. My daughter and sister request it whenever family gets together.
With all the onion and garlic, don't know how this could have been "bland", but my whole family thought it was. It was okay, but we won't bother making it again.
We were inspired to try this from our visit to The Olive Garden, where we had this soup.