- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in remaining butter until tender.
- Whisk in flour until blended; gradually stir in the milk, cream, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the gnocchi and spinach; cook for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add the chicken. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p91
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2015
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2015
"I made this soup today & it is delicious! I will definitely be sharing the recipe with family & friends!"
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2015
"It's perfect for this season, my husband love this kind of soup!"
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2014
"WONDERFUL SOUP. MADE ITAND ENJOYED IT MANY TIMES..."
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2014